Saturday, 26 July 2014
Saturday, 10 May 2014
Tuesday, 19 November 2013
Friday, 15 November 2013
Edinburgh based portrait painter
Menergy played host to the winner of season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race - Raja Gemini. Raja has based many of her looks on her East Indian heritage and so I decided to make her a Kali-esque multi-armed deity/demon.
Thursday, 29 August 2013
Very proud that one of the most talented people I know asked me to design a logo and take some photos for her blog. Sarah Green is a painter, costume designer, illustrator, collector and all-round creative powerhouse. Her interests in anatomy and the human spirit informed my design.
Please visit her blog here.
Saturday, 18 May 2013
This isn't the first time I've drawn a zombie however! Click here for more undead!
Monday, 22 April 2013
Sunday, 7 April 2013
The Unicorn was never produced as a print.
Friday, 5 April 2013
Kill Star Clothing commissioned me to design a flyer for their trade show. They had seen my Sharon Needles design for Menergy and wanted something in a similar vein as their latest collection was inspired by the dark and the unorthodox.
I took lots of hints from the Kill Star Tumblr, a spooky and stylish pinboard of all things satanic and magickal.
Wednesday, 30 January 2013
I decided to use The Seal of Lucifer from the Grimorium Verum to break up her face as one of her catchphrases is 'Hail Satan!'.
Some weeks after my flyer had made it's way round the internet via Tumblr, someone pointed this out to me... by illustrator Tom Christophersen. (Tom uploaded it onto his website and has never acknowledged that I re-created the image digitally). I hear that Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
Saturday, 26 January 2013
Sunday, 11 November 2012
Found this the other day - I did it as a freelance job for Harvey Nichols. I used the houndstooth as Alexander McQueen had just used it to startling effect in his 'Horn of Plenty' collection.
As McQueen had used a mix of gloss and matte fabrics on top of each other, I had the type printed with a spot UV varnish so when it was moved, it would catch the light and then disappear into the background pattern.
Photo by Derrick Argent.
Gary was judging the catwalk competition and has just designed a dress for everyone's favourite - Sharon Needles!
Monday, 5 November 2012
1. Sharon Needles - 'Everyday is Halloween'
2. Queen of Hearts - 'Neon' (Mark Reeder's Electrically Excited remix)
3. Experimental Products - 'Glowing in the Dark'
4. Marilyn Manson - 'The Beautiful People' (Sébastien Léger remix)
5. Size Queen - 'Paul's Groove'
6. Outrage - 'Tall 'n Handsome'
7. Scissor Sisters - 'Invisible Light' (Boys Noize remix)
8. Peaches - 'Burst' (12" mix)
9. Britney Spears - 'Gimme More' (Armand Deluxe remix)
10. Madonna - 'Like a Prayer'
11. Kylie Minogue - 'What Do I Have to Do'
12. Utah Saints - 'What Can You Do For Me'
13. Sylvester vs Edwin Starr - 'Do You Wanna Contact?'